REASONS FOR HAVING A PARTY:
- Celebrate someone’s birthday.
- Have an engagement party.
- Celebrate that a new baby is coming. Baby shower.
- Say goodbye to someone that is traveling abroad.
HOW TO ORGANISE A PARTY:
- One person is in charge of the music.
- One person is in charge of the food.
- One person is in charge of the drinks.
- One person is in charge of making invitations.
- Did you know Marissa is getting married?
- Let’s throw them an engagement party!
- Why don´t we organize a surprise party for Julie’s birthday?
- Did you know Jess is moving to Toronto?
- We should throw her a party, so she can see us before leaving.
- Mary is pregnant! We should plan a baby shower!
- I can make the invitations
- We should buy a big cake.
- I could bring my camera and take photos in the party.
- Maybe you can buy the drinks, and I buy the food.
- We might buy a bottle of champagne to have a toast.
- Do you mind bringing a couple of cd´s?
- I’ll bring snacks and a salad.
- Well, I can prepare some pizzas.
- I´ll buy (a/some) present (s) for her/the baby.
|A – Did you know Marissa is getting married??B – Let´s throw them an engagement party!!||
|A – Next Saturday is Julie’s birthday.B – Why don’t we organize a surprise party for Julie’s birthday?||
|A – Mary is pregnant!B – Really? We should plan a baby shower!||
|A – Did you know Jess is moving to Toronto?B – We should throw her a goodbye party.||
SAMPLE CONVERSATION – PLANNING A PARTY.
Mary: How are you Peter?
Peter: I’m fine and you?
Mary: I’m fine too, thanks. Next Saturday is Helen’s birthday, did you know that?
Peter: Oh, really? Why don’t we throw her a surprise party?
Mary: That would be an excellent idea! Let’s do it!
Peter: Great! I can make the invitations. I can call her friends at work, and I can get in contact with old friends from school.
Mary: That´s sounds like fun! I´d like to make a big chocolate cake for her. Do you want me to bring the drinks, too?
Peter: That would be fine, and I can buy some snacks.
Mary: Fantastic! Why don´t we do it at my place? I have a spacious living room.
Peter: Ok, Shall I bring some cd’s?
Mary: Yes, please!
Peter: Ok, I see you at your place this Saturday. 5. 30 is OK?
Mary: It’s perfect.
Mary: Excellent, see you then.